Students with disabilities and chronic illness

The Seezeit social counselling department is your first port of call. It provides information and support for students and prospective students with disabilities and/or chronic illness. Once we have considered your particular situation, we will advise you on many areas concerning your studies: barrier-free halls of residence and student organisations, local transport and individual mobility, job searches, semester abroad and special student grants and benefit entitlement.


You can contact the universities’ own authorised representatives for students with disabilities and/or chronic illness if you have any university-specific questions regarding, for example, teaching, first allocation of student places via hardship fund application or compensation for disadvantages when taking exams. You can get an initial overview of all personally relevant topics by reading the “Un-behindert studieren“ (‘Unhindered study’) brochure or the “Studium und Behinderung” (Studying and disability) handbook.

Advisory service at Seezeit
Accommodation at Seezeit
Contact persons at the universities