The catering in our cafeteria was provided by the German Society for Nutrition e. V. (DGE) with a STUDY&FIT certification. This is marked with the STUDY&FIT logo.
The certification is based on the "DGE Quality Standard for Company Catering".
What does this mean for you as a student or employee?
Successfully passing the STUDY&FIT certification ensures that the food in our canteen is prepared according to the latest findings of nutritional science. Overall, the three quality areas "food", "food planning & production" and "living environment" are checked.
Here are some examples of the quality area "food" in the lunchtime catering. The data refer to five days of catering:
- every day there is an alternating supply of potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, rolls and other cereal products - including wholemeal products at least once a week
- there are vegetables, pulses or salad every day - of which raw vegetables at least twice a week
- at least twice a week fresh or frozen fruit without added sugar
- milk and dairy products at least twice a week
- maximum twice a week meat - of which at least once a week lean muscle meat such as roast turkey, chicken escalope, beef goulash, roast pork
- sea fish at least once a week
- daily drinking or mineral water
The quality area "food" in the snack bar is also checked. Certain foods or groups of foods are offered daily:
- Whole grain products
- vegetables, raw vegetables or salad
- Fruit, fresh or frozen with no added sugar
- Milk or dairy products
- Drinking or mineral water
In the quality area "food planning & production", attention is paid to low-fat and nutrient-preserving preparation, among other things. Fried and/or breaded products are offered a maximum of once a week, sugar and iodised salt are used sparingly, fresh or frozen herbs are preferred for seasoning. A seasonal range of foods, the consideration of culture-specific and regional eating habits as well as religious aspects are also important.
Checking criteria have also been laid down for the "Lifeworld" quality area: these include providing our table guests with comprehensive information about the range of food on offer as part of "STUDY&FIT".
Annual audits/checks ensure long-term quality.